“By all measures, the 4th quarter was a spectacular quarter for M&A activity across the United States.”
By all measures, the 4th quarter was a spectacular quarter for M&A activity across the United States. There were a record 3,401 deals announced in Q4, an increase of 10% over Q3 and 72% over the same quarter last year.
- There were 3,401 M&A deals announced in Q4-2021.
- The total disclosed transaction value was $545 billion.
- California led the nation with 419 announced deals.
- The most popular deal type was the 100% Buyout which represented 46% of the announced deals.
- Private companies were the most popular acquirer type with 47% of the deals announced.
- The most active sector was Services with 60% of the deals announced.
- Maxon Computer was the most acquisitive strategic buyer.
- KKR was the most acquisitive financial buyer.
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC was the most active financial advisor.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP was the most active legal advisor.